Sunday, October 2, 2011

THE dress!!

Of course I cannot put any descripton or picture of the dress on here because David just might read this blog... BUT.. I am going to let my blog know that I FOUND the dress!! This weekend we (my mom, his mom, maid of honor, my aunt, and I) went shopping... I wanted to find the dress this weekend because it is only 8 months away and I need some time for alterations and bridal pictures..

It was such a wonderful weekend.. Such a wonderful day.. We started fairly early at the first place. We found a top three there. The first one I tried on I felt amazing in. I felt so beautiful. I felt little, for once! Ha. But really it was amazing. It was crazy to actually have a WEDDING dress on! The second one was fun and flirty. The third one was pretty but wasn't crazy about the fabric. All of the dresses at the first place were higher in price.

After the first place we stopped by the Double Tree to show Vina (David's mother) the ballroom and she got information about the room they want to hold the rehearsal. Then we went to Jason's Deli for lunch. Wonderful lunch and visiting!

At 3 we went to David's bridal and tried on lots of dresses. It was crazy. All day, even if the dress didn't fit perfectly, I felt pretty in all of them. There were some that fit better than others and some that were "prettier" than others.. But when I put on THE dress and walked out and saw myself I thought "WOW. I look like I'm gettting married!!!" and I loved it.. I was getting so tired by this point but I wanted to try on another dress to see if I could have lived without the dress I just had on and though it was pretty, it didn't have that WOW factor. It made me feel like a lot of other brides. It wasn't my dress. I put back on the one I had on before and walked out again, and I couldn't stop smiling. It was exactly me. It was David. It was perfect for me to marry him in. My mom and his mom got all watery eyed.. Exciting times..

They have a tradition at David's bridal that when a bride finds her dress she makes a wish and "Rings the Bell" and it lets the store know that she found her dress. It was fun to ring the bell. I have MY wedding dress! :D

I am looking forward to walking down the aisle in 8 months in that dress. I am looking forward to seeing David's face when he sees me. My favorite part of a wedding is the look on the Groom's face when he sees his bride for the first time. I get to see him and walk towards him. Oh happy times to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment