Sunday, April 15, 2012

7 Weeks... OR... 46 Days!

Oh it is so close! And we are so ready for June 2 to be here!

Bridal pictures were great! It makes me laugh because so many things went "wrong" on bridal picture day.

First, the picture bouquet we ordered was suppose to look similar to the one I will have on the wedding day but smaller. We even gave them a picture and a description. When we went to pick it up they had forgotten about it and they had no bouquet at all. SO, they had to make a bouquet right there and used pink roses instead of white. Sigh. And it just overall did not look anything like my wedding bouquet. But oh well. I figured we were taking pictures at the Botanical Gardens which is pretty enough itself that wrong flowers won't make it that bad.

Second, we got to the hair place and Nikki (the owner of N Salon and the one doing my hair) started trying out different styles. I had in mind what I wanted but she wanted me to see several different styles just to see. I liked some of them but I am a traditional type of girl and I know what I like so I told her I will just stick with the one I was thinking of from the beginning.. Here is where it went wrong.. When I made the appointment for that day I know for sure I told them I was taking my bridal pictures that day. But through conversation I restated I was taking pictures that afternoon and Nikki said she had no idea I was taking pictures! So she ended up doing my hair a little better after hearing that so it wouldn't fall. Plus, on top of that I told them I had made an appointment to get my makeup done and they didn't know that either! (Again, I KNOW I mentioned I was taking my pictures that day!) Since I was planning on getting my makeup done there I did not bring my makeup with me.. Yeah. I began to panic a little when they tell me the makeup artist was there at work but did not have her makeup kit with her! Oh my goodness. This kinda of stuff can NOT happen on June 2!! But they worked it out and was able to use the makeup kit from the spa below the salon and I was able to get my makeup done. Thank goodness!

Third, oh my goodness it was HOT. Pictures outdoors. In gardens. Equals BUGS!! Holding still and trying to smile is torcher when you are getting eating alive by bugs.

However, with the things that went wrong, the day was still amazing and I had a blast. I am so happy my mom and Heather were able to be there with me that day. I told them maybe all these things had to happen this time so absolutely NOTHING will go wrong the day of the wedding!

IF THEY DO... I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW!!! :D

I want June 2 to be here.. The day is going to be amazing.. Now we need people to send back their RSVPs.. Compile some songs for the DJ. Give a general head count to the hotel. I am working on bridesmaids gifts. AND make programs! So much to do.

1 comment:

  1. :) Just remember, and keep reminding yourself (along w/deeeeeep cleansing breaths) - at the end of the day, on your beautiful wedding day, what matters most, and all that truly matters is that you will be married to the man you love. The rest will all work out and if anything does go awry, you'll have stories to tell your grandchildren ;) Thinking of you! We're so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete