Sunday, May 30, 2010

Frustration...

Right now I feel like I am in that movie about the lady and her daughter getting on a plane. They fall asleep and the mother wakes up to find her daughter is no where to be found.. She asks the people on the plane to help her find her, and the the daughter is NO where on the plane records.. The mother KNOWS she came on the plane with the daughter.. and everyone is saying they have never seen a little girl with her.. Something is wrong.. You can't just imagine things like that..

Well.. Turns out, the Triathlon I have been training for... HOURS and HOURS of training.. Having TWO gym members solely for the purpose of having a pool and cycling class.. The clothes I have bought to train in and for the big race.. Research about triathons... Discussing triathlons.. EVEN sent a message to my friend Paula (who is also doing the triathlon) a message on facebook telling her "I am officially signed up for the Tri.. Sprint Tri.. Athena group.." "I might get a bike.. maybe.. or just borrow Heather's."

I am telling you, I am totally convienced I truly signed up for this thing..

Well..

I go to church today.. After I follow the Richards over to the place to pick up our packets.. Pay $7 dollars to park. (OUCH!) Unload the massive bike.. (Everyone else has these road bikes.. I come in with this huge mountain type bike.. But I didn't have to pay for it..) Walk over to get my packet.. and "Katie Moseley" is no where to be found on the list.. Of course I am upset.. Went to talk to other people.. "I KNOW I signed up!" Thought to myself.. So the lady said I can come back tonight and she can give me a packet.. and so on..

When I got home I checked everything to find proof of registering for it.. and found nothing.. Not in my bank account or credit card.. not in email.. Nothing.. How could I imagine that all.. and write everywhere and tell everyone I am doing it.. HOW!!!

Oh well.. So.. I am not doing it.. Depressing.. Want to cry a little bit.. You know.. I might just go out in the morning and do my own... I am at mom and dad's.. so I could swim for 30 minutes.. go ride 12.5 miles.. and run.. and at least I could say I completed it.. It just won't be the CapTexTri.. this time.. Maybe next year.. Or sometime this fall!?!?

Sad..

3 comments:

  1. That is terrible!!! So, very sad. I'm so sorry. Is there another one that you can sign up for that is soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Katie I'm so sorry! I know you were looking forward to it! There has to be another one this fall somewhere, right? All that aside I hope you're having a good day at home with your parents! It was great to see y'all this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear it didn't work out! I hope you can do another one very soon!

    ReplyDelete