Saturday, August 27, 2011

First meetings...

David came down! And I am so glad he did because after this week I really needed it. This has been a LONG and stress filled week. First week of school is always crazy but this week has probably been the craziest.. Kindergarten is HARD! Very hard in fact. It is amazing that I made it through. And even more, my kids have learned things over this past week. They learned to line up ABC order and can get themselves in ABC without help! I sure did sing "Hallelujah" and made a huge deal about it. They also know how to take their folder out of their backpacks and put it in the basket and then put their backpacks in their locker. (Yes, that is a big accomplishment.) They learned a days of the week song, months of the year song, "Who let the A out?" song, and "Wee Willie Winkie" song WITH motions. They were introduced to our reading program, Fundations, and seemed to be adjusting well. They learned Tt says /t/ and not /tuuhh/ (Again. BIG accomplishment. and VERY important!) They learned the Fundations writing grid, Sky ling, plane line, grass line, and worm line. So. We accomplished a lot. However, we have a very very long way to go with behavior.. Because after all, I am managing 24.. yes.. TWENTY FOUR... 5 year olds.. and more than half are.. um. interesting and challanging.. and I am doing it alone... All day. So. It yeah, its been a hard and stressful week. Which is why, I am SO happy David came!! He is great..

Tomorrow Mom, Dad, David, and I are going to meet with the Wedding Coordinator at the Double Tree Hotel to discuss the contract, sign, and put the deposit down. Yes. It will be CONTRACTED tomorrow.. Crazy.. Then we are headed to Round Rock to the Everafter Images photographers' house to talk about their package pricing. We have not decided for sure we want to use them so I hope after tomorrow we will know if they will work for us or keep searching.

1 comment:

  1. wow girl! you should be proud of all that you got done with those kiddos! I will say...no wonder you're stressed though, who tries to get 24 5 yr olds to even understand the concept of ABC order, much less to line up that way??? I mean, obviously it can be done and kudos for doing it but I KNOW it had to be RIDICULOUSLY HARD for you so well done. hopefully your behaviors will get better nad just remember, thats not just in K...those kids are in every grade. hope they straighten up soon so you can try to enjoy your year!love ya!

    ReplyDelete