Sunday, May 23, 2010

Relay for Life - Post event

So.. Friday night to Saturday morning was Relay for Life.. I got to the track about 7:00 pm.. Opening ceremonies were held and the relay was on... I sat and chatted to one of our speech teachers for a while. It is nice to go to events out side of school hours because you can get to know the people you spend a LOT of hours with. So, we chatted for a while then I got restless. I figured out fast I am not good unless I am busy. When I was sitting I felt very unproductive... Which I have no time to spare being unproductive these days.. So, I began walking. I did a couple miles.. Good thing was I got to visit with co-workers I don't see or talk to much because I am stuck in a room with 18 seven year olds. Let me tell you, I really enjoy adult interaction... Walking and talking passes time/miles really fast.. and we had 12 hours, so that was good.. After working all day and walking almost the entire evening I was really starting to feel exhausted about 1 am. It didn't help that the place was emptying out.. You know what, teens scare me. The place had SO many more high school students roaming around than adults. ALL night! The night continued on.. by 3 am there was barely any people left. But, there were people still walking, so that is good. I took small breaks throughout the night. Like at mile 5.. Then mile 10.. And finally finsihed mile 13 around 3 am and decided I was done. My feet hurt. My HIP was killing me! My pace was so slow, almost a crawl. I hurt worse walking 13 miles than I did running it. Weird. So, after I was done I sat in my chair and wished the time would fly by and I could go home. Still felt unproductive. FINALLY, they annouced breakfast was going to be served. And the last lap was announced around 5:00. Two hours earlier than it was suppose to end, but I was NOT complaining. I wanted to go home, take a shower, and go to bed so bad. So, I packed up my stuff and started my mile walk to my car!(man, right now I can barely remember this. I was so out of it) Got home took a shower, went to sleep around 6:30 and slept until 10:30. Woke up, but told my self I have to sleep longer.. Slept until 1:00 pm. Woke up, sat on the couch and watched tv. I was so lazy. And sick. I felt sick all day. Staying up is NOT my friend. I guess it was for a good cause, but I am too old for this nonsense. I don't like feeling sick because of no sleep. Well, I never like feeling sick, but I really don't like feeling sick because I didn't get sleep... Anyways.. Thats the post-Relay for Life. Hopefully I feel totally refreshed and non-lazy tomorrow. Good thing my summer is NOT going to be lazy, by any means. And the days I don't have to be anywhere, I will be "lazy" laying out by the pool and swimming, ALL DAY. So, technically that is not lazy, right.

1 comment: